Scenes and Stories of BART on Strike
After months of negotiations that centered on pay and benefit packages, a dispute over work rules scuttles talks and leads to the second strike against the agency this year. There's no indication yet when new talks will take place.
- — Andra Cernavskis (@AndraCernavskis)Fri, Oct 18 2013 13:13:57
- — Courtney Thomas (@SpeakCourt)Fri, Oct 18 2013 12:48:19I'm staying Oakland until Saturday. This #BARTstrike could not have come at a worse time. I've got the NWM along with 9k+ others.
- — Bay Area Clipper (@BayAreaClipper)Fri, Oct 18 2013 11:59:25
- Oh, the traffic:
- — Kurtis Alexander (@kurtisalexander)Fri, Oct 18 2013 07:01:08Smart: Just met a fellow who slept at his downtown SF office last night to avoid traffic today: "on my way to buy a toothbrush." #BartStrike
- Look on the bright side!
- — Christine W. (@ChristineCre8s)Fri, Oct 18 2013 07:37:24Yes our shuttle driver just took matters into his own hands and we are driving on the shoulder of the freeway. Well then…#BARTstrike
- Quite a bit of anger at BART workers this morning on Twitter...
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.