Anderson Cooper: "The Fact Is, I'm Gay." The Bay Area: We're Not Surprised
CNN's Anderson Cooper publicly announced that he is gay in an email published July 2 on The Daily Beast.
- Many in the San Francisco Bay Area Tweeted that they were not surprised by the announcement.
- — Eva Arevuo (@evaarevuo)Mon, Jul 02 2012 09:13:26Anderson Cooper (le sigh) finally "came out" as the first openly gay TV anchor -- but is it really coming out if everyone already knows?
- — Robert J. Pierce (@Axisworks)Mon, Jul 02 2012 09:44:30For a second there I misread Anderson Cooper as Alice Cooper. My eyes metaphorically flew out of their sockets like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
- Some, however, praised Cooper for his announcement.
- — Marc Love (@marcslove)Mon, Jul 02 2012 08:39:59Now here come all the lame jokes about how everybody already knew Anderson Cooper was gay. But it does matter & some ppl didn't know. #LGBT
- — Moya Watson (@moyalynne)Mon, Jul 02 2012 09:26:57I hope Anderson Cooper's strength and self-assurance also inspires millions of straight people to 'come out' and be exactly who they are :)
- — Tyler Oakley (@tyleroakley)Mon, Jul 02 2012 10:15:51Congratulations, Anderson Cooper. There's nothing more inspiring than someone who finds the courage to unapologetically be themselves.
- At least one Bay Area resident planned to ask Cooper for a date.
- Another local resident expressed skepticism about Cooper's reasons for coming out of the closet now.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!
- TomGreenthumbThis may have been shocking news oh, 10-15 years ago. These days, not so much.2013-08-14T00:19:50.107Z