49ers CEO Asks: Why Should You Get NFC Championship Tickets
On Jan. 16 San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York asked the team's fans to Tweet why they should receive four tickets to the NFC Championship game in San Francisco. York Tweeted that he would give the tickets to a lucky fan based on their Tweet.
- At 9pm Jan. 17, York announced the runner-up.
- — Melissa Chanslor (@Chanslor)Tue, Jan 17 2012 15:34:38
- And finally, the winner...
- — Vince Cava (@cenzarino)Wed, Jan 18 2012 00:40:23@JedYork my first child was born during Sat's game, the dr let us watch the game during labor. It'd be awesome to go see the NFC champs.
- Some Twitter users expressed bitterness about York's pick.
- — Brian Ruff (@Ruffzan)Wed, Jan 18 2012 00:40:23@JedYork Thank you for not picking my family, I regretted mentioning how my kids travel the world helping others, the work is its own reward
- Others were grateful York had given them an opportunity to support their team.
- — Erica Lei Henson (@ericaleihenson)Wed, Jan 18 2012 00:40:23@JedYork just in case you have extras keep my family in mind. Still would be great to live out my dads dream... Maybe even bring his ashes:)
- York had received many warm and moving stories about what the 49ers meant to local families.
- — Yousef Erakat (@fouseyTUBE)Tue, Jan 17 2012 13:08:40@JedYork My bday is on Sunday. It's my GOLDEN bday. Jan 22 turning 22. I have NO plans. Going to the game with my dad would mean the world!
- — Alex Panelli (@alexpanelli)Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:53:37
- — Robert Perry (@robertperry)Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:53:22
- — Ryan Rikala (@rrikala)Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:52:20@JedYork Because I may have told my fiancé that we would go to on an early honeymoon to watch the 49ers if they made the NFC Championship!
- — Elizabeth Rose (@elizabethrose89)Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:53:47
- — Giovani Versace (@Gio_Versace_1)Wed, Jan 18 2012 00:40:23@JedYork Mr. York i drive my wife and I to the stadium from Fresno, CA every game but we never get to go in! It would be a dream come true!
- — Teejay McFly (@TeejayMcFly)Wed, Jan 18 2012 00:40:23@JedYork my family bleeds red/gold.Thats why they bought a house 2min away from Candlestick.Yet we can't afford a playoff game.Worst feeling
- — Jess Fleuti (@jessfca)Tue, Jan 17 2012 11:51:30
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.