Why Young Americans Vote for Democrats
On March 19, 2012, Mitt Romney said "I don’t see how a young American can vote for, well, can vote for a Democrat." Here are reasons why they can and do vote for Democrats.
- Here is the original story:
Despite the fact that Romney claims that the national debt is the reason young Americans should vote Republican, GOP presidents are the biggest deficit spenders and have contributed most of our current debt.
- The most recent Republican plan from Paul Ryan would actually worsen the debt.
The GOP has been raging a war on women, especially on their reproductive rights and health issues.
- The odds that a woman who is raped will get pregnant are "one in millions and millions and millions," said state Rep. Stephen Freind, R-Delaware County, the Legislature's leading abortion foe. The reason, Freind said, is that the traumatic experience of rape causes a woman to "secrete a certain secretion" that tends to kill sperm. Two Philadelphia doctors specializing in human reproduction characterized Freind's contention as scientifically baseless.
- Last year, Republicans attempted to redefine "rape" so it only included forcible action. Drugging a woman to take advantage of her would no longer be rape, just bad manners.
- In South Dakota, Republicans tried to legalize the assassination of abortion providers, claiming it would be justifiable homicide.
- The Arizona State Senate voted to allow doctors to lie to women in order to keep them from getting an abortion. This could range from serious, life-threatening birth defects to even the possible death of the mother.
- Republican PA Governor Tom Corbett defended the bill requiring women to view ultrasounds of their fetus before getting an abortion by saying they can just close their eyes.
- Romney himself admitted you should vote for Obama if you want greater access to birth control.
- The Mudlfats reports that State Rep. Alan Dick recently “said that he doesn’t believe that when a woman is pregnant, it’s really ‘her pregnancy’” and “would advocate for criminalizing women who have an abortion without the permission via written signature from the man who impregnated her.” “If I thought that the man’s signature was required… required, in order for a woman to have an abortion, I’d have a little more peace about it.”
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.