Extraordinary kick off for Texas State Mass Comm Week
By Katee Boyd
- Texas State Mass Comm week is the highlight of the semester for School of Journalism and Mass Communication students.
- Monday started the week off with investigative journalist Robert Kolker's session Extraordinary Events , Everyday People. Kolker is a contributing editor at New York magazine and is the author of the recently released nonfiction book Lost Girls.
- The award winning journalist took time to talk to students and offer advice.
- Kolker signed his New York Times bestselling book, Lost Girls, for students and fans. The book is about the Long Island serial killer unsolved case.
- You can order his book from Amazon.
- At 10:30 a.m. the halls of Old Main lined up with student orgainzations at a come and go student organization fair.
- Free pizza at the meet and greet seemed to steal the show.
- Texas Tribune's CEO and Editor in Chief, Evan Smith, joined in on MC Week with a session on Interactive Storytelling.
- Having a brand and the importance of social media were some his most talked about points.