Finding Effective Counsel from Jail: Models of Legal Representation in Louisiana
Panel at Human Rights First's Dialogues on Detention: Lessons from Criminal Justice Reform for Immigration Detention (Loyola Univ New Orleans School of Law, Nov 30, 2012)
- — Anil Kalhan (@kalhan)Fri, Nov 30 2012 13:18:26
- — Anil Kalhan (@kalhan)Fri, Nov 30 2012 13:32:09Mayeaux: Oakdale has v. low rates of applications for relief (3%). Vastly different in TX. The difference? Access to counsel. #HRFDetention
- — Anil Kalhan (@kalhan)Fri, Nov 30 2012 13:46:15Stogner: Lots of standardized stipulated removal orders in Oakdale; ppl who want to get out of Oakdale & don't want to wait. #HRFDetention
- — Detention Watch (@DetentionWatch)Fri, Nov 30 2012 14:07:21
- — Anil Kalhan (@kalhan)Fri, Nov 30 2012 14:36:16Mayeaux: EOIR should allow limited appearances to facilitate legal representation of detained indivs seeking release on bond. #HRFDetention
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.