Debate Winners: the Twitterverse; Big Bird
The October 3 debate told two stories: that of a record-setting number of tweets and a certain large yellow bird. Storify compiled for @iSchoolSU @ElectionClass #ElectionClass #debates.
- The Twitter Government and Politics team (@gov) sent out real-time updates of the tremendous Twitter volume amassed during the October 3 debate.
- Check out the full blog post, "Dispatch from the Denver debate".
- ... or, if you're more of an infographic fan, check out these results of top Google searches during the debate.
- What? "Mitt Big Bird," you ask? Well, if you insist...
- In an exchange about the economy, candidate Mitt Romney stated, "I'm sorry Jim. I'm gonna stop the subsidy to PBS. I'm gonna stop other things. I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you too. But I'm not gonna - I'm not gonna keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for us."
- Watch for yourself:
- The Twitter reaction was fast and furious, demonstrating that nobody puts Big Bird in a corner.
- ABC News, "Big Bird Memes Go Viral":
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.