Triple-decker on Quequechan St. heavily damaged by fire
- A fire broke out about 4:30 this morning at 266 Quequechan St. It's the second time since June there has been a fire at that address. The triple-decker was severely damaged in today's fire and will be torn down, according to reports from the scene.
- The building has been vacant since June, after the first fire.
- The property is owned by David Colville. In July, he was warned that he owed back taxes on the property, as well as many others.
- American Red Cross volunteers are on scene. Ashley Studley, a communications official for American Red Cross Eastern Mass., said 18 people have been affected by the fire.
- More alerts from police scanner listeners and reports from the scene have been sent out via Twitter. The Herald News is covering; we'll have updates and photos from the scene soon.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.