- Fall River Mayor Will Flanagan announced Monday that Foxwoods and the city have reached a deal on a $750 million casino. A full press conference to unveil more details will take place Tuesday.
- Those are eye-popping, attention-grabbing figures. But it's not the first time the city has courted a casino. And the short history of casino proposals in Massachusetts is already littered with bureaucratic red tape, ballot flame-outs and broken promises. So the news led to mixed reactions on Twitter.
- — Tommy Boulay (@TBoulay3)Mon, Jan 27 2014 13:19:27Oh and apparently foxwoods will be building a resort in Fall River. If true, I'm pretty pumped about that. The city needs something
- — Miles Grant (@MilesGrant)Mon, Jan 27 2014 13:08:59
- — John Marion (@JohnMarionjr)Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:52:05
- — Nick Brown (@PRnick)Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:47:34Hope it has an onsite Methadone clinic. @DavidKlepper: Foxwoods to announce $750M casino proposal in Fall River. http://www.heraldnews.com/article/20140127/NEWS/140126804 …
- — Justin Katz (@JustinKatzRI)Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:44:55
- — Get The Facts! (@ebcfacts)Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:45:56
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.