Kyle Williams feels brunt of 49ers' playoff loss
His two costly fumbles contributed to San Francisco's overtime loss to the Giants Sunday in the NFC Championship. Teammates, others felt his pain, but some resorted to cyber-attacking Williams.
- Williams' fumble in overtime set the Giants up for the eventual game-winning field goal
- Williams bore a heavy burden for his mistake
- However, no one in the 49ers' locker room afterward was pointing fingers at Williams
- Here's the overtime fumble that opened the door for the Giants
- As the backup punt returner, Williams saw action only because of Ted Ginn Jr.'s injury
- Fans not only seized on the blame game with Williams, some were downright vile
- Kyle Williams... you need to leave San Francisco forever, you should never be allowed to play in the NFL ever again... Your play and ypur post game comments should be enough to earn yourself a spot in 49ers history's... As the biggest POS to ever wear the red and gold. Lots of hope for next year, let's just hope that KW gets hit by a bus, eaten by a lion, or dies in some other terrible way so he can't ruin the 49ers season again... What a terrible piece of garbage you are KW, you ruined the game I have been waiting for over 10 years...
- In many ways, what transpired following the fumbles showed social media at its worst
- Still, it was reassuring to see that most fans sympathized with Williams and came to his defense
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.