UVA Protests Ouster of President Sullivan
In the wake of President Teresa Sullivan's forced resignation by the Board of Visitors, the University of Virginia community gathered on the Lawn in protest. This is an account of what happened in the 12 hours that followed.
- — Jay Rosen (@jayrosen_nyu)Mon, Jun 18 2012 07:06:38What's happening at the University of Virginia is surreal. http://slate.me/LwIE5X 5X A real estate developer is now running the place.
- — DailyProgress (@DailyProgress)Mon, Jun 18 2012 08:43:33After "cordial" conversation, #UVa Faculty Senate executive council calls on Rector Helen E. Dragas, vice rector Mark J. Kington to resign.
- — Siva Vaidhyanathan (@sivavaid)Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:10:11Used to hear: "If you are so smart, why aren't you rich?" Now I want to say, "If you are so rich, why aren't you smart?"
- — Daniel de Vise (@danieldevise)Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:48:57Protesters are being allowed to stay in Rotunda lobby. One placard: "Emperor Dragas, Darth Kington don't speak for me." #UVA
- — Chad Wollerton (@chadwollerton)Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:49:02
- — Daniel de Vise (@danieldevise)Mon, Jun 18 2012 11:54:52COO Michael Strine has walked into the board room and taken his seat. Some claim he was in on Sulllivan ouster. #UVA
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 7 already did!
- mason91I hope you make it all night. This collection is fantastic.2012-06-19T04:23:48.739Z