House votes to defund Planned Parenthood, Twitter responds with #thanksPPFA!
- The GOP House of Representatives voted today to strip all federal funding from the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, legislation Nancy Pelosi has dubbed "the most comprehensive and radical assault on women's health in our lifetime."The battle began Thursday with heartfelt testimony by legislators on the importance of the healthcare services Planned Parenthood provides.
- For an excellent roundup of testimony by Ann Friedman see:
- But despite pleas from Congresswomen and calls from around the country, the vote came in; 240-185
- bringing outcries.
- In a trend started earlier in the day, Twitter users started using #thanksPPFA to tweet their support for Planned Parenthood and share their experiences of why PPFA is important to them.
- Based on these first couple of hours, the river of support has just begun to flow with further calls for action.
- Here are just a few of the reasons that people are saying #thanksPPFA today.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.