Journalists React to Newsweek's Cover
Newsweek, in what can only be described as a wholesale attempt at achieving obsolescence, has put out a cover story by Ayaan Hirsi Ali on how she survived "Muslim rage." Journalists (and writer-scholars) react:
- — Lauren E. Bohn (@LaurenBohn)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:01:44I thought we were done with covers like these #naive https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/247682592034406400/photo/1/large …ewsweek/status/247682592034406400/photo/1/large
- — Zeynep Tufekci (@techsoc)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:09:32I've been talking all week on how extremist groups in MENA have been fanning flames of clash. What now, Newsweek joins the game?
- — Max Fisher (@Max_Fisher)Mon, Sep 17 2012 06:54:49
- — Marc Lynch (@abuaardvark)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:00:27
- — Marc Lynch (@abuaardvark)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:03:09
- — Dan Murphy (@bungdan)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:04:45Newsweek indulges in hysteria, using a devoted Islamophobe and proven liar to do it via... everyone. https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/247682592034406400/photo/1/large …ewsweek/status/247682592034406400/photo/1/large
- — Karl Sharro (@KarlreMarks)Mon, Sep 17 2012 07:03:28Folks, don't get angry with Newsweek, start a hashtag. #NewsweekCovers ? Joe McCarthy: How to survive communism + picture of angry Russians.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 11 already did!
- Abraham Vinthernice coverage2013-06-06T16:55:22.670Z
- RosenblumtvTina Brown should not be allowed to have anything to do with anything that goes public.2012-09-17T20:27:24.202Z
- Laurie McClureThis isn't inflamatory. It's the same as pictures of a dorm toga party. Embarrassing and real. Read the article and get some insights on free speech.2012-09-17T18:57:26.024Z
- Veengas - JournalistWill it be called Journalism? Journalism makes minds, Now Quest. #NewsweekCovers what wants to make of minds?2012-09-17T15:52:00.401Z