Terrifying French Children's Books.
We live in France. They have REALLY SCARY children's books. Here are some.
- "...and those downed British airmen."
- On that subject: Grandma knew war. And THESE HUGE SCISSORS came in VERY handy
- It's not a magic pig. It's just a pig. Stop doing that to the pig. It's wrong.
- A Poil(s) is basically In the Scud. But what is under there? Just raw bloodied musculature, or do they go down to the bone?
- "Billy No-Mates". Charlie, I think the shape of your cake may be why the other mothers are keeping their children from your birthday party
- Hey, I'm sure it will come all right again and your friends will come to your party.
- Nope. Tit cake ruins the WHOLE THING :( .
- Just a perfectly normal hat. Nothing sinister to see or imagine here, move along please.
- My french has completely deserted me here. Literally this means 'The Little Breaded Guy', which means it must be slang, but the 8 year old can't help me out with that either. ANYWAY, regardless. That is no way to live.
- Well, how else could you possibly teach 3- 5 year olds the difference between 'big' and 'little' without drilling a hole in a child's face?
- Never Go to the Library to Impress a Girl You are in Love With. Whilst I would generally say do the opposite of this advice if you want to impress girls, this does seem unappealing, sea- snake wise. Also: interesting library purchasing decision
- Although this is quite foul on first viewing, I actually rather warmed to 'The Three Brave Little Pieces of Rubbish', via the blurb (below)
- "They have nothing in common, apart from being thrown in the same bin"- and they make friends and team up to fight crime! I like to think this is the french translation of Carrie Bradshaw's Magic Cigarette series.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 14 already did!
- dubstepmakerzcrazy those look scary2013-08-25T23:03:59.253Z
- Alex DaleGood for kids.2013-08-20T10:33:57.338Z
- Abraham Vintherwow, are those really for kids?2013-06-06T16:44:04.233Z
- Jenny ColganHi, it's Jen. Sorry, I forgot to say, I don't accept internet comments, even lovely kind ones! Storify won't let me turn off the comment box, but they won't...Hi, it's Jen. Sorry, I forgot to say, I don't accept internet comments, even lovely kind ones! Storify won't let me turn off the comment box, but they won't show. JC. xxxmore2013-01-18T10:10:28.977Z