Digital Commonwealth Digital Storytelling Roadshow in Orkney and the North Highlands.
As part of the Big Lottery Fund Digital Commonwealth project, myself (project coordinator, University of the West of Scotland) and Peter Murray from the Media Trust travelled to the North Highlands and Orkney to deliver an intensive series of workshops in 4 locations across the week.
- As part of the Media Trust collaboration, Peter was filming a short feature for Brilliant Scotland, a programme that shows on the Community Channel that will be broadcast in August.
- We arrived in Thurso the night before, to catch the first ferry over to Stromness.
- BBC Radio Orkney welcomed us to the island.
- And at the same time, there were projects happening on Bute and Shetland, and in Dumfries and Glasgow.
- We arrived in Kirkwall after driving through from Stromness. We were using Orkney library as the base for the workshops. Orkney library are well known in library circles for their tweeting. :-)