A story about The Archers & Twitter
Bletchley Park trustee, and influential tech tweeter; Dr Sue Black wanted to play The Archers theme at a friends funeral...
- She was led to believe it wasn't possible
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 08:36:05I'm shocked to find that we can't have the music we want at Hazel's funeral because it isn't commercially available :(( Thanks Wesley Music
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 08:42:57We can't play the Archers theme tune at Hazel's funeral, her daughter has specifically requested it, doesn't seem right to me.Advice anyone?
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 08:49:10@jtwentyman she loved the Archers, we wanted it to sound as we heard her in the kitchen listening to it, I dont get why thats not acceptable
- Mark Cotton explained how The Archers theme is an original piece but derived from two parts of the well known song; Barwick Green so not available.
- — Mark Cotton (@mcfontaine)Wed, Jan 16 2013 08:56:01
- Sue continued to be frustrated.
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 08:58:38
- Twitter users started to suggest that she should get in touch with the BBC.
- Other users suggested tweeting Radio 4 and The Archers.
- — kavita kapoor (@kavitakapoor)Wed, Jan 16 2013 09:20:38
- Sue and a Twitter friend; Lee Cox joined in.
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 09:22:32@BBCTheArchers Hiya, Can you please give us permission to play your theme tune at my best friends funeral tomorrow? Wesley Music will....
- — Lee Cox (@Jackcabnory)Wed, Jan 16 2013 09:28:36
- — Clare Taylor (@CT_Microbiol)Wed, Jan 16 2013 09:30:28
- The Archers team got in touch.
- The Archers office shared some details with Sue.
- — Sue Black (@Dr_Black)Wed, Jan 16 2013 10:01:36
- And permission was secured.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!