Top social media moments from New Orleans for #SB47
Beyonce belts out the national anthem in a press conference, 49ers coach disses "the Facebooking and the Tweeter" and the lights go out in the Superdom.
- Coach Harbaugh condemns "the Facebooking and the Tweeter" as a time drain, while 49ers players praise social media as a way to connect with fans.
- I was in a room of reporters waiting to interrogate Beyonce about lip-syncing the national anthem at the inaugural. When she walked in and did this, it was a major surprise, an effective PR statement, and an indelible moment.
- The lights go out, and Twitter lights up with bright quips and an immediate satire account. Inside the Superdome it got muggy and ugly.
- Commercials go off TV to social media, with TV viewing just part of their lifespan -- meanwhile half of Super Bowl halftime commercials mention Twitter.
- The children from Sandy Hook sing "America The Beautiful" in a moment that puts a game -- even a big game -- some perspective.