Million Puppet March: Standing Up for Public Media
On November 3, more than 1,000 people hit the National Mall in Washington, DC, in a massive show of support for NPR and PBS. The grassroots movement began after the first Presidential debate when Mitt Romney said he would zero out funding for PBS.
- For more background check out their website. If you can, donate to the effort because they are using money from their on pockets to make this happen.
- And send a message to Congress about why you care about public media here:
- Here are some of the best photos from the Million Puppet March (UPDATES ONGOING)
- "When puppets are outlawed, only outlaws will have puppets!" And no one would want that.
- Defend Public Media! Defend the Puppets!
- Shirt: No Puppets, No Peace! or Know Puppets! Know Peace!
- Bi-partisan Puppets.
- There was even a wedding at the Million Puppet March today.
- Big Bird is waving hello (or showing his muscles) -- maybe both!
- Happy or sad. Great or grumpy. Public media is for everyone.