Not everyone on Twitter finds Pope's resignation funny
The Vatican said on Monday in a shock announcement that Pope Benedict XVI will resign his office on February 28.
- — erica_clites (@erica_clites)Mon, Feb 11 2013 09:23:31I get that I'm naive and a bit of a pacifist, but I just wish people could respect others differences. Pope jokes are just rude. #notcool
- — Kyle Pennington (@kpenningtonAX)Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:38:45So the Pope is resigning. People need to cut it out with the rude jokes. It's not cool to make fun of an old man. #growuptwitter
- — Luke Allnutt (@lukeallnutt)Mon, Feb 11 2013 03:39:07Twitter often at its worst at times like this. 95 percent of the pope jokes just not funny. But everyone feels they have to make quip.
- — Marc Soares (@Marc_Soares)Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:37:45True to Twitter, the Pope's resignation is met first with shock, surprise, then every rude, snarky, and disrespectful comment possible.
- — Krista Burns (@kristaburns)Mon, Feb 11 2013 07:22:04The Pope is resigning... cue all people that now think they have the right to be rude and discriminatory towards Catholics/Catholic Church
- — The Hindu Express (@thehinduexpress)Mon, Feb 11 2013 04:23:20Some tweeting “Pope Benedict XVI jokes don’t offend Christians”. Tell them “Virgin Mary” jokes and then see the reaction.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!