Indie Booksellers Respond to Pulitzer Fiction Snub
There was no Pulitzer Prize for fiction awarded this year, a shock and disappointment to independent booksellers around the country.
- — McNally Jackson (@mcnallyjackson)Tue, Apr 17 2012 09:17:46In the absence of a Pulitzer, Sarah awards the first annual Sarah McNallitzer to The Great Night and @mat_johnson's Pym http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/2012/apr/17/your-2011-pulitzer-prize-fiction/ …shows/bl/2012/apr/17/your-2011-pulitzer-prize-fiction/
- Bookstore owner and author Ann Patchett wrote an essay for the New York Times...
- — Bookworks ABQ (@bkwrksevents)Mon, Apr 16 2012 13:34:45Here's my theory. The Pulitzer judges were TOTALLY gonna choose a winner. But they got caught up reading "Fifty Shades of Grey," and, well..
- — Michele Filgate (@readandbreathe)Mon, Apr 16 2012 12:12:21Seriously, Pulitzer jury? You couldn't pick 1 freaking book out of all of the amazing novels and short story collections published in 2011?!
- — Bookworks ABQ (@bkwrksevents)Mon, Apr 16 2012 13:15:13Gotta say, I am pretty disappointed by this. I know several folks, including Desi here at the store, who were big... http://fb.me/1GMXJbfl6 l6
- — City Lights Books (@CityLightsBooks)Mon, Apr 16 2012 14:04:42In which no fiction writer wins a Pulitzer, yet the Huffington Post does... http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/us-news-blog/2012/apr/16/pulitzer-prize-2012-winners-list?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Fmedia%2Frss+%28Media%29 …co.uk/culture/us-news-blog/2012/apr/16/pulitzer-prize-2012-winners-list?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Fmedia%2Frss+%28Media%29
- — Thomas K. Flynn (@thomaskflynn)Wed, Apr 18 2012 07:36:02
- — Strand Book Store (@strandbookstore)Wed, Apr 18 2012 07:59:15There was no Pulitzer prize for fiction this year - just three finalists. http://nyti.ms/HPB1da a So let's declare our own winner.
- — Strand Book Store (@strandbookstore)Wed, Apr 18 2012 07:59:24Which of these Pulitzer finalists has your vote? The Pale King, Swamplandia!, or Train Dreams? #Strandpoll
- — Jason Pinter (@jasonpinter)Mon, Apr 16 2012 13:05:39Sadly one of the big losers in the lack of a fiction Pulitzer winner is bookstores, who would have sold oodles of the winner's novel.
- — MarionManeker (@MarionManeker)Tue, Apr 17 2012 03:07:04No fiction Pulitzer isn't indictment of novels—indictment of novel marketing. No reviews, no store promos. No attention http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/pulitzer-fiction-snub-has-book-publishers-fuming/ …blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/pulitzer-fiction-snub-has-book-publishers-fuming/
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.