Was NYT's Temperament Profile of Christine Quinn Sexist?
The Twitterverse Debates Whether The NYT's Article of Christine Quinn's Temper in Private was Sexist or Honest Journalism?
- — Rosie Gray (@RosieGray)Mon, Mar 25 2013 20:54:52this story would never have been written if Christine Quinn was a man: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/nyregion/in-private-quinn-displays-a-volatile-side.html …
- — ShelbyKnox (@ShelbyKnox)Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:21:05
- — Name It. Change It. (@nameitchangeit)Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:01:31
- — Paul Newell (@NewellNYC)Tue, Mar 26 2013 09:49:23
- — Judas Precariat (@brokenhegemony)Tue, Mar 26 2013 07:08:12
- — Rachael Gonera (@rachaelgonera)Tue, Mar 26 2013 07:40:38"Bitch" female politician framed as a work in progress with bipolar by 2 male reporters: sexist and not news #JTPGWU http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/nyregion/in-private-quinn-displays-a-volatile-side.html?pagewanted=2&hp …
- — siddhartha mitter (@siddhmi)Tue, Mar 26 2013 08:59:28Sexist aroma of NYT Quinn story doesn't obviate numerous pre-existing reasons to dislike her and vote against her for mayor.
- — Kofi Appiah Biney (@kofiabiney)Mon, Mar 25 2013 21:19:29The first sexist-as-hell hit piece on Christine Quinn comes from......the @nytimes? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/nyregion/in-private-quinn-displays-a-volatile-side.html?pagewanted=all …
- — Mikey Franklin (@mikeyfranklin)Mon, Mar 25 2013 21:04:49Christine Quinn shouldn't be mayor because she blocked paid sick leave for NYC workers. Focusing on her personality is a sexist distraction.
- — Michael Whitney (@michaelwhitney)Mon, Mar 25 2013 20:58:31Yes the Times' sexist story is awful. Christine Quinn still wants sick food workers to drip snot into your lunch.
- — Nicole Roeberg (@NicoleRoeberg)Tue, Mar 26 2013 11:28:13
- — Michael Cohen (@speechboy71)Mon, Mar 25 2013 21:09:34If the Times talks to two dozen people who say Quinn is a screamer, that's not a sexist article: it's good reporting http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/nyregion/in-private-quinn-displays-a-volatile-side.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0 …
- — Peggy Drexler (@DrPeggyDrexler)Wed, Mar 27 2013 07:42:53
- — The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast)Wed, Mar 27 2013 07:26:01So what if Christine Quinn is a brash bully? Is making such a point sexist? Not really. http://thebea.st/13wdhoD
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.