Women of the Wall: Rosh Chodesh Av
I participated in Women of the Wall's Rosh Chodesh Av service. Here's an attempt to capture what the experience was like for me.
- — David Levy (@itsdlevy)Sun, Jul 07 2013 23:21:08This morning I prayed with @Womenofthewall in an attempt to be an ally. I tweeted during the experience but had no wifi, so here they come.
- — David Levy (@itsdlevy)Sun, Jul 07 2013 23:24:28I have never before been so keenly aware of what it's like to attempt to be an ally and be conscious of not taking up space that's not mine.
- — David Levy (@itsdlevy)Sun, Jul 07 2013 23:21:12Davening with @Womenofthewall this morning. Got off the bus to be greeted by a Hareidi woman telling me I was dirty and should be ashamed.
- — David Levy (@itsdlevy)Sun, Jul 07 2013 23:21:40I far prefer it when the Haredim use prayers to attempt to drown is out - more prayer is certainly better prayer competing with shouts.
- — David Levy (@itsdlevy)Sun, Jul 07 2013 23:21:42The further we get into the service the louder the Hareidi men get in their attempts to disrupt. They really didn't like when we said Shema.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!