Winter Storm Rocky Hammers Panhandle of Texas
Howling winds and heavy snow associated with Winter Storm Rocky pounded the panhandle of Texas on Monday morning. Drifts were reported to be 3 to 5 feet around Amarillo. I-40 and other major thoroughfares were shut down. Similar scenes played out in western Oklahoma.
- Fierce blizzard video
- Radar loop between 8 and 9 am CT Monday
- Blizzard can't stop this train...yet!
- Winds whip snow into drifts of 2 to 4 feet
- Drifts overtake this car
- This carport is not long for this world
- Another video of the fierce and dangerous blizzard conditions in Amarillo
- Monday morning road conditions in Amarillo were brutal
- Drifts take aim on backyard patio furniture
- Drifts of 1 to 2, maybe even 3 feet overtake this front porch
- This backyard TV has seen warmer days
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.