Indianapolis Colts: NFL Draft, first round
Veteran Colts writer Phillip B. Wilson of IndyStar.com will be collecting, and commenting on, the best tweets, links and video from the first round of the NFL Draft.
- Greetings from the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center, aka, the Colts complex. Journalists have assembled and we await the start of tonight's NFL draft. The Colts pick 24th in this first round. We anticipate a nice, long wait until life gets interesting.
- Nice way to remember last year's draft ...
- Isn't this interesting. We've been wondering for a while if the Colts will trade down tonight, because they don't have a second-round pick. It would seem they have avenues to pursue should they decide to go that direction.
- What's worth noting is NFL Network's Mike Mayock has gone from CB D.J. Hayden to CB Xavier Rhodes and now back to Hayden in his final projection for the Colts' pick.
- If nothing else, this is food for thought. I interviewed Pete Prisco last week for a mock draft story. He is the only one I've found who has the Colts taking a center, California's Brian Schwenke. Prisco thinks the Colts still need to address the O-line, although they did sign RT Gosder Cherilus and OG Donald Thomas. I will be surprised if the Colts go that direction in the first round.
- Most "mocks" I've looked at lately have the Colts taking a cornerback.
- In case anyone wants to read the official team release with draft info ...
- Here's one more reason to head to the Colts Grille. Although I just saw the tweet and he's only going to be there for one more hour ...
- The engaging owner is tweeting a lot this evening. One other draft locale option for watching the NFL draft the next three days.
- What would the night be without an Irsay Twitter contest?
- I'm thinking the employer would say I'm not allowed to play. What do you think? LOL.
- Commish: "The Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock ..."
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.