ICO Data Protection Officer Conference 2013
More than 800 data protection professionals attended #dpoc2013 in Manchester on Tuesday 5 March 2013. The day featured speeches, seminars and an information market. The keynote was delivered by Françoise Le Bail of the European Commission.
- — Brian Pennington (@bfpennington)Tue, Mar 05 2013 01:11:00Information Commissioner lauds “interesting times” as #DataProtection Officer Conf welcomes record numbers http://www.ico.gov.uk/news/latest_news/2013/information-commissioner-lauds-interesting-times-04032013.aspx …nedpoc2013t_news/2013/information-commissioner-lauds-interesting-times-04032013.aspx #dpoc2013
- — Rowenna Fielding (@InfosecGeekLady)Tue, Mar 05 2013 01:53:21Jonathan Bamford, ICO - it’s a job for all of us to meet personal data challenges - not just the regulator, not just the DPOs #dpoc2013
- We ran seminars on topics including data sharing, anonymisation, good practice, marketing, technology, surveillance and the future of data protection legislation.
- — Sarah (@sarah_white55)Tue, Mar 05 2013 02:28:01ICO good practice for the future - flexibility in resourcing audits and a themed approach to advisory visits. Good times ahead #dpoc2013
- — Brian Pennington (@bfpennington)Tue, Mar 05 2013 03:11:44
- — Caroline Olstedt C. (@olstedt)Tue, Mar 05 2013 03:49:28Peter Night, NHS, on anonymisation; we are taking bigger risks sometimes when NOT disclosing data if being too risk avert. #dpoc2013
- This year we ran our information market, bringing together a range of external exhibitors (including midata, UKAN, Direct Marketing Association and NADPO) along with ICO departmental stands.
- — Scott Sammons (@i_5c077y)Tue, Mar 05 2013 03:21:20Caitlin Graham: be selective, be clear with customers and remember that you want the customer to buy in to you & not get annoyed. #dpoc2013
- — DilysJonesAssociates (@Dilys_Jones)Tue, Mar 05 2013 04:00:10Key note speech from Ms Françoise Le Bail – Director General for Justice, European Commission about to start #dpoc2013
- — Giorgos Rossides (@grossides)Tue, Mar 05 2013 04:12:49
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!