Paid, Owned, Earned Media @IAB Tweetchat 8.20.12 #IABPOE #IABPOEM
The IAB Social Media Committee hosted a Tweetchat on August 20, 2012 to discuss the relationship of Paid, Owned and Earned media using the hashtag #IABPOE. A lively discussion ensued with IAB members and friends. This summarizes key highlights of the chat. Thanks to all for participating!
- This Tweetchat this week had 56 attendees, garnering 31.3 million total impressions and a reach of 3.2 million. Source: Hashtracking.
- Q1 - Which comes first - paid, owned or earned? Chat participants had many different POVs on this with no clear consensus other than the fast that they are all interrelated!
- — David Fleck (@davidericfleck)Mon, Aug 20 2012 17:09:36Owned starts the whole ecosystem. Earned is a sign that owned is resonating. Paid points to both earned and owned. #iabpoe
- — Karen Renner (@karenner)Mon, Aug 20 2012 19:09:41
- Q2 - Can you expect a significant impact from earned without paid (and visa versa)?
- — Blanc & Otus (@BlancandOtus)Mon, Aug 20 2012 17:28:27Couldn’t agree more! MT@socialsteve Q2 earned media can work well on own - depends if your brand has strong value to the influencers #iabpoe
- — Treva Webeck (@twebeck)Mon, Aug 20 2012 17:23:18
- Q3 - What's the best allocation of resources to achieve your objectives?
- — Jure KLEPIC (@jkcallas)Mon, Aug 20 2012 17:30:01
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.