The final day of healthcare debate at Supreme Court
Things have gone from bad to worse for the Obama administration at the nation's highest court. For the second consecutive day, the court's conservative justices asked the administration's lawyers tough and sometimes hostile questions about the healthcare overhaul widely known as ObamaCare. Yesterday, it looked as if the law's individual mandate was in grave jeopardy. Today, it's the entire law.
- — Fred Thompson (@fredthompson)Tue, Mar 27 2012 13:45:20Speaking to SCOTUS, Obamacare lawyer warns of "grave" and "profound" consequences if overturned. Yes, like freedom and liberty. #tcot
- — Mike Sacks (@MikeSacksHP)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:22:09More judicial restraint to kill entire ACA than just parts of it, Kennedy said. Otherwise Ct must distort Congress's intent. #SCOTUS
- — Steven Hunter (@stevenwhunter)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:14:51
- — Maggie M (@79mcclain)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:20:08
- Outside the Supreme Court, the passionate debate continued.
- The debate was fierce on Twitter, too.
- — Ed Gillespie (@EdWGillespie)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:05:29Pretty reliable mouthpiece for the White House, foreshadowing attack on Supreme Court if they don't win on Obamacare. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74570.html …com/news/stories/0312/74570.html
- — TheNewDeal (@TheNewDeal)Tue, Mar 27 2012 16:04:07
- — Mark McClain (@MarkMMcClain)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:24:57
- — Michael Cromer (@MichaelCromer)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:25:19If #ACA fails, Repub health care solution is personal responsibility: Get a job on Wall Street; make enough money to pay your own way.
- — R. G. Price (@rationalrevo)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:38:37In a great irony, a ruling against "ObamaCare" could actually be a nail in the coffin for Social Security privatization schemes as well...
- — Just a girl venting (@Lilleth71)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:38:08Sounds like the Left is setting up Verrilli to be the fall guy if / when #Obamacare goes down. They never admit that their policies r Losers
- Even Texas Gov. Rick Perry got into the act.
- — Rick Perry (@GovernorPerry)Wed, Mar 28 2012 09:04:15ObamaCare may limp out of the Supreme Court on life support. But the American people will vote it and Obama out of existence this fall.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.