We have a pope!
Greater Fall River Tweets their joy, hopes, prayers for Pope Francis I. (And maybe a few jokes, too.)
- Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina was elected pope Wednesday, becoming the first pontiff from the Americas and the first from outside Europe in more than a millennium. He chose the name Francis, associating himself with the humble 13th-century Italian preacher who lived a life of poverty.
- In and around Fall River, residents took to Twitter to celebrate the news and share their thoughts, which ranged from prayerful to playful.
- — Brian Fraga (@BfragaHN)Wed, Mar 13 2013 15:08:13#FallRiver Bishop George Coleman: "I offer my sincerest congratulations and best wishes to the newly elected successor to the See of Peter"
- — Tracey Marie (@TraceyMarie26)Wed, Mar 13 2013 13:15:57@Catholicgrlprob why not have some faith in the pope. He just might last years and do great for the church. Don't wish bad for him
- — Lisa S L (@mommystrangis)Wed, Mar 13 2013 14:04:03My 4yo catholic preschool quote: mom & there was white smoke on TV & boom we have a new Pope...it is a beautiful day. #productofenvironment
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.