Bishop Connolly wins state basketball championship
Bishop Connolly tops Lynnfield 65-62 at TD Garden for Div. 4 championship
- The Bishop Connolly boys basketball team topped Lynnfield 65-62 Tuesday for the MIAA Div. 4 championship. It's Bishop Connolly's first state basketball title. Excellent free-throw shooting down the stretch helped seal the victory.
- Herald News staffers Mike Thomas, Greg Sullivan and Jack Foley were at the game, providing updates. Below are some of those updates, and some Tweets from Bishop Connolly players and fans. CONGRATULATIONS, BISHOP CONNOLLY!
- — Joe Kayata (@NBC10_Joe)Tue, Mar 12 2013 13:04:46Congrats to Bishop Connolly high school, as they won the Mass D-4 state basketball title today 65-62 over Lynnfield from the TD Garden
- — Ava Callery (@avacallery)Tue, Mar 12 2013 13:33:04Very proud of Nate's brother John & the Bishop Connolly Cougars for KILLIN' IT at the Boston Garden!!! So incredible & surreal!
- — Brendan Hall (@BHallESPN)Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:52:26This is the first boys basketball state title for Bishop Connolly in school history. Lost to Trinity Catholic in very first D4 title game 94
- — Keith Pearson (@keith_pearson)Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:54:36Connolly was 21-for-26 from the line for the game including 17-19 in the fourth quarter (12-12 in last 2:01). Tommy Keyes (26 pts, 12-12 ft)
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.