Why do YOU like soccer? Twitter users share their passion!
The bonds it creates among family and nations; the beauty and athleticism of the sport; the buzz that surrounds it: SO many things unite fans of the game of soccer, from the responses I got on Twitter this morning! Thanks to those who told me why YOU love soccer! Check out the best responses below!
- Some of you praise the sport itself -- for how it tests athletes' endurance and how elegant its strategy can be.
- — Brad Lahm (@blahm44)Mon, Jul 29 2013 08:22:22@heycori Soccer is the most physical enduring sport. The players are thoroughbreds of the athletic world. WC is comparable to winning a war!
- — Roger Caine (@GoColts59)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:35:33@heycori There's finesse involved in every moment & non-stop action. So much like chess it's hard to believe. Gold Cup final has me hooked!
- And some of you admire the way the internationally popular game brings the globe together.
- — Adam Wren (@adamwren)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:45:35@heycori Soccer unites more than 200 nations in one common language: The beautiful game. It transcends language & location, class & creed.
- — Ian Connor (@Ian_Connor_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 06:34:34
- — vicki pistol (@vickipistol)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:43:45@heycori Soccer is a fun and hard working game that unites the world and my teammates and I. We don't wake up at 5am everyday for nothing!
- — Drew Russell (@drewrussell7)Mon, Jul 29 2013 03:24:28@heycori soccer has allowed me to make countless connections and friends around the globe. I get chills every time I see a ball being kicked
- The connections it fosters occur on a small scale, too. Countless families bond over that black-and-white ball ... and it gets the girls in the game, especially!
- — jacki cuthbert (@jacqln_foster)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:03:29@heycori I studied abroad in France during the Euro 2004 and got hooked as a way to bond with my host family. Ever since then - I love it!
- Did you grow up playing soccer? Like me, you probably didn't know it was possible NOT to!
- — Brad A (@BradIntentions)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:42:51
- — Michael Kobrowski (@mekobi)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:32:50@heycori Soccer/Fussball is what I was first brought up with in my olde homeland of Germany. I remember my brother taking me to the stadium.
- — Jen Bradley (@JBlaser3)Mon, Jul 29 2013 04:34:10
- — Nicolás (@Nick_Eberhart_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 02:54:02@heycori dad introduced me to the game at age 5 & now coach 4-6 yr olds. Taught me dedication & provided a safe outlet for stress. Love it!
- Some of you have found players to admire and inspire you ...
- — Kelsey Minier (@KelseyUSA)Mon, Jul 29 2013 05:31:07@heycori I was an unpopular kid in middle school. Being good at soccer made me feel awesome. Mia Hamm was my idol. I'll always love soccer.
- ... though some of your love for soccer's players comes from a DIFFERENT perspective!
- Thanks, everyone, for reponding! I drew @AIGrossnickle as the winner of the 4-ticket pack. Sorry to everyone who hoped to win and didn't, but don't worry ... I'll have another giveaway soon enough!
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- First Click Internet MarketingI have yet to meet someone who does not like soccer.2014-02-11T07:14:47.825Z