Why do YOU like soccer? Twitter users share their passion!
The bonds it creates among family and nations; the beauty and athleticism of the sport; the buzz that surrounds it: SO many things unite fans of the game of soccer, from the responses I got on Twitter this morning! Thanks to those who told me why YOU love soccer! Check out the best responses below!
- — Brad Lahm (@blahm44)Mon, Jul 29 2013 08:22:22@heycori Soccer is the most physical enduring sport. The players are thoroughbreds of the athletic world. WC is comparable to winning a war!
- — Roger Caine (@GoColts59)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:35:33@heycori There's finesse involved in every moment & non-stop action. So much like chess it's hard to believe. Gold Cup final has me hooked!
- — Adam Wren (@adamwren)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:45:35@heycori Soccer unites more than 200 nations in one common language: The beautiful game. It transcends language & location, class & creed.
- — Ian Connor (@Ian_Connor_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 06:34:34
- — vicki pistol (@vickipistol)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:43:45@heycori Soccer is a fun and hard working game that unites the world and my teammates and I. We don't wake up at 5am everyday for nothing!
- — Drew Russell (@drewrussell7)Mon, Jul 29 2013 03:24:28@heycori soccer has allowed me to make countless connections and friends around the globe. I get chills every time I see a ball being kicked
- — jacki cuthbert (@jacqln_foster)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:03:29@heycori I studied abroad in France during the Euro 2004 and got hooked as a way to bond with my host family. Ever since then - I love it!
- — Brad A (@BradIntentions)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:42:51
- — Michael Kobrowski (@mekobi)Mon, Jul 29 2013 07:32:50@heycori Soccer/Fussball is what I was first brought up with in my olde homeland of Germany. I remember my brother taking me to the stadium.
- — Jen Bradley (@JBlaser3)Mon, Jul 29 2013 04:34:10
- — Nicolás (@Nick_Eberhart_)Mon, Jul 29 2013 02:54:02@heycori dad introduced me to the game at age 5 & now coach 4-6 yr olds. Taught me dedication & provided a safe outlet for stress. Love it!
- — Kelsey Minier (@KelseyUSA)Mon, Jul 29 2013 05:31:07@heycori I was an unpopular kid in middle school. Being good at soccer made me feel awesome. Mia Hamm was my idol. I'll always love soccer.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.