Human Development Report Launches
The Human Development Report 'Work for Human Development' was launched in December 2015 and is being rolled out around the world. Keep up to date with launch events and suggest additions to this storify via @HDRUNDP thanks!
- An Human Development Report launch event in Sierra Leone celebrates HDI gains and discusses the challenges of high inequality.
- 'Work for Human Development' launch in Helsinki, Finland - Wednesday 16 March 2016
- In Tokyo on March 14, a briefing to journalists at the Foreign Correspondents' Club was followed by a symposium attended by 100 people from academia, embassy, media,private sector and government.
- 'Work for Human Development' was launched in Dar, Tanzania on Friday 11 March 2016 in collaboration with the Tanzanian think tank Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO). The guest of honour was Hon Antony Peter Mavunde, Deputy Minister of State, Prime Minister’s Office.
- On 2nd March 2016, Iran hosted a Human Development Report launch in Tehran
- Launching 'Work for Human Development' at Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA
- Watch Human Development Report lead author Selim Jahan talk about the changing world of work (English) at the Reykjavik launch of HDR2015
- In Laos, a joint launch event has been held for the Human Development Report 2015 and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development´s (UNCTAD) 2015 Least Developed Countries Report, subtitled Transforming Rural Economies, which presents a road map to address rural poverty in the 48 least developed countries of the world.
- Ms. Kaarina Immonen, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative and Dr. Bounthavy Sisouphanthong, Lao Vice Minister of Planning and Investment pose with the two reports being launched.