UK gales and snow - your stories
Gales reaching up to 100mph are expected to batter Britain - causing disruption already in Scotland and some northern parts of England. You tell us your stories in pictures and on social media on how you've been affected by the weather so far.
- Met office issues red alert warning for hurricane force winds on Thursday - our early news report from Severin Carrell:
- Scotland was already hit by adverse weather conditions earlier in the week when snow and ice caused disruption.
- You sent in your pictures of the snow to our UK Snow Flickr group:
- A number of travel, traffic and transport websites have been keeping users updated via Twitter. You can see our Twitter list and follow it for updates. Other websites worth checking include the Met Office, Meteogroup for weather warnings and Traveline Scotland - which also has a list of useful links for bus and rail providers websites.
- The BBC's shipping forecasters encoutered a first...