Cheap Date Ideas In Raleigh
With "cuffing season" at its peak, broke teens are scrambling to think of inexpensive dates. Raleigh residents often overlook the beautiful landscapes, parks and museums offered at little to no cost.
- Video used by permission of Jared Leeds
- Downtown Raleigh has many nice restaurants, shops and other expensive attractions, but few think of the many museums, skyline views and streets to walk on as date ideas.
- NORTH CAROLINA OF NATURAL SCIENCE AND HISTORY
- Photo used by permission of Twitter user @ncmuseumhistory
- The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is quite a site along downtown streets. Featuring a huge globe-like structure and a walkover to the history museum, these museums are perfect for a day of learning and adventure. A morning visit to the museums followed by a picnic in one of the many nearby parks completes a fun interactive date. Both museums are free and parking can be found throughout downtown.
- NORTH CAROLINA ART MUSEUM
- Photo Courtesy of Jessie Frank
- The North Carolina Art Museum is located right outside of downtown Raleigh on Blue Ridge Road. The museum features a large display of art both indoor and out. On the inside, the museum offers many art styles coming in all different sizes. The beauty of art carries to the outdoors, starting with a reflective pool leading to the museum pond. The pond features a walkout that is followed by the Blue Loop Trail, which is a mile long trail that incorporates art inspired by nature. A date at at the museum is 100% free and it now includes free parking in the new lot off of Blue Ridge Road.
- GIF courtesy of Courtney Blaside
- The not-so winter weather in North Carolina this season has opened up new possibilities for innovative date ideas such as walks, hikes, and other outdoor activities. The cool winter season and soon-to-be warm spring weather is great for spending time outdoors.
- UMSTEAD STATE PARK
- Photo Courtesy of Grace Newton
- William B. Umstead Park is a 5600 acre state owned park with over 20 miles of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding. A simple date at Umstead can consist of a long walk, a nice picnic at one of the many campsites or along the rock bed in the river. Parking at Umstead is free and there are several entrances along Glenwood Avenue and around the RDU area.