The ALR at 40 -- a UFV lecture presentation
Dr. Lenore Newman, Canada Research Chair in Food Security and the Environment at the University of the Fraser Valley, presented a lecture on the impact of the Agricultural Land Reserve on British Columbia at the University of the Fraser Valley on Feb 5 with help of research fellow Dr. Denver Nixon.
- — U of Fraser Valley (@goUFV)Wed, Feb 05 2014 16:25:14Fraser Valley some of best farmland in world, second only to the Nile -- Silicon Valley of farming @DrLenoreNewman
- — Paul Dayson (@PDayson)Wed, Feb 05 2014 16:41:43
- — U of Fraser Valley (@goUFV)Wed, Feb 05 2014 16:56:32When #ALR created, more land left out in Surrey than in Langley, so Surrey had more development options -- audience member.
- — Christina Toth (@ChrisToth7)Wed, Feb 05 2014 16:44:38Without FV 'high order tourist food' Vancouver foodies & city chefs would lose this local source of food @DrLenoreNewman
- — U of Fraser Valley (@goUFV)Wed, Feb 05 2014 16:39:33High value foods do well in Fraser Valley because of proximity to 'foodies' and urban core. Wine, herbs, etc. @DrLenoreNewman
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.