Syrian defense minister Daoud Rajha killed
Syrian rebels claimed responsibiliy for the deaths of the nation's defense minister, Daoud Rajha, as well as Assef Shawkat, President Bashar al-Assad's brother-in-law in a Damascus blast earlier described by state television as a "terrorist bombing."
- Here's a roundup of latest reactions, none of which have been confirmed by GlobalPost. Send us tips and information @GlobalPost
- — Mini (@minilealea)Wed, Jul 18 2012 04:49:16
- — Mustensur (@MustensurK)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:56:45I don't support the syrian regime but the future of syria in the hands of rebels doesn't sound good. Rebels who terrorize (terrorists). :/
- — 24News Centre (@24Reporters)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:55:37MORE:Syrian info minister blames attack on the west UN security council yet 2 vote on a resolution 2 mete out sanctions on Syria Wednesday
- — Anita (@debalkanize)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:47:06RT @BoutainaAB: Syrian government isn't wasting time -- Fahed Jassem Alferaj appointed as the new defence minister after killing of Daoud Rajha.-- #Syria
- — michel elefteriades (@elefteriades)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:16:18Assassinated defence minister Daoud Rajha was the most senior Christian government official in Syria. He was killed by djihadists.
- — Sammy (@SyrianSoldierr)Wed, Jul 18 2012 05:33:32
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.