Gun control: Obama signs 23 executive actions
After an emotionally-charged press conference at the White House urging action from Congress, President Barack Obama, surrounded by children, signed off on plans to curb gun violence.
- Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant anticipated the president's executive action on gun control, hoping to block any measures that could "infringe [on] constitutional rights."
- Several sheriffs around the US have refused to uphold laws that restrict gun ownership in their districts.
- But Obama has received pleas for change from children since the December mass-shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
- The NRA, meanwhile, launched a PR campaign against the president:
- Americans remain divided on limits to gun ownership.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 13 already did!
- mel9861Mr. President, the BULLETS do the killing NOT the guns. Cigarettes are taxed for the purpose of "treatment, prevention and education of the danger...Mr. President, the BULLETS do the killing NOT the guns. Cigarettes are taxed for the purpose of "treatment, prevention and education of the danger" Tax the BULLETS for the same reasons. Thank youmore2013-01-20T02:06:41.162Z
- hannahtahi this is gd2013-01-17T04:25:34.693Z