There Are No Lines For The Ladies Room At Technology Conferences
Need to pee, ladies? Find the nearest tech conference!
- Caroline McCarthy, formerly of Google and CNET, has apparently been seeing this for years.
- — Caroline McCarthy (@caro)Sat, Sep 17 2011 17:03:09Only been to 2 kinds of events where men's restroom line trailed out door & women's had no line. 1) Tech conference. 2) Hold Steady show.
- (Can anyone else think of places where the men's restroom had a line and the women's did not?)
- Ah, okay.
- — Cara Tramontano (@theCara)Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:24:33AHAHAHAHA "I love being a woman in technology. For one, I never have to wait in line for the bathroom." --@gretchende http://www.women2.com/gretchen-deknikker-co-founder-of-socialpandas-raises-1-5m/ …gretchen-deknikker-co-founder-of-socialpandas-raises-1-5m/
- Sometimes, like unicorns, lines for the women's room are spotted, and are celebrated:
- — Annette Meade (@RocMeade)Thu, Apr 25 2013 06:37:45
- More often than not, though, you're looking at a clear path to the ladies W.C. And this isn't just a recent trend: From 2007, before you even knew Twitter existed, at least one woman -- Twitter engineer Kitt Hodsden -- was tweeting about the clear path to the ladies' room.
- A couple of women have used this meme as a call-to-action for women in tech:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!