50 Years of the UK in Space #ukinspace50
26th-27th April 2012 - A conference, organised by the Science Museum and the UK Space Agency, celebrated Ariel’s history and legacy and looks forward to the exciting programmes and missions of future UK space activity.
- — UK Space Agency (@spacegovuk)Thu, Apr 26 2012 00:49:30
- — Sue Nelson (@ScienceNelson)Thu, Apr 26 2012 01:00:25
- — NationalSpaceAcademy (@UKSpaceAcademy)Thu, Apr 26 2012 01:31:37
- — Kate AG (@SpaceKate)Thu, Apr 26 2012 01:29:19
- — Robert Massey (@RobertMasseyRAS)Thu, Apr 26 2012 01:34:27#ukinspace50 In 1954 assumed terrestrial magnetic field was simple, had no idea that objects emitted X-rays, believed Sun was usually static
- — Robert Massey (@RobertMasseyRAS)Thu, Apr 26 2012 01:41:20#ukinspace50 In early 60s Harrie Massey shared out Treasury grant with collaborators - without any bureaucracy. Brilliant :-)
- — Alex Costa (@alexcostabh)Thu, Apr 26 2012 02:19:54#ukinspace50. UK has had great influence on the study of plasma environments in the solar system. Great session by Prof. Stan Cowley
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.