RWC Today: Matchday 8
Welcome to RWC Today: Matchday 8, with today's featured matches being Wales v Samoa, England v Georgia and France v Canada. This is your ultimate destination for all things Rugby World Cup: latest news, videos, photos, opinion, social updates and your say. Use the hashtag #FOXRUGBY and email your comments to blogs@fox sports.com.au to get involved.
- Thanks for logging in today. We have a rest day on Monday but bes sure to join us on Tuesday for the Italy-Russia clash from Australia Group C.
- Just a couple of videos posted on foxsports.com.au to leave you with.
- SCORE UPDATE: Bonus point comes as Clerc gets on the end of some superb movement for his third try. A bit unfair on canada as they have contributed to one of the best games of the tournament so far. Class prevails and France have won 46-19. Parra has a personal haul of 23 points.
- SCORE UPDATE: France put the seal on a good second-half performance as Vincent Clerc dives over for his second in the corner. A fantastic conversion from Parra from the sideline gives the French a 39-19 advantage
- The French crowd is in full voice now! Canada still probing away - and they won't give up - but you get the feeling the heat has gone out of their performacne and tiredness is creeping in. 10 minutes left.
SCORE UPDATE: Damien Traille may have extinguished the Canadian resistance with that try. France are up by 13 with only 15 minutes left. France 32 Canada 19.
- The Canadians aren't giving up. Their forward pack has easily matched the French but it's been a bit of ill-discipline that's cost them so far. SCORE UPDATE: Pritchard finally finds his range with a penalty goal and Canada are back within a converted try. Not much in this at all. France 25. Canada 19.
- SCORE UPDATE: The French catch the drop goal fever as Parra extends the lead back out to nine points. France 25 Canada 16.
- SCORE UPDATE: Munro shocks the French with another drop goal from long distacne. This one is not as good as the first but still registers three points. Thirty minutes to go. France 22 Canada 16.
- SCORE UPDATE: Parra is getting plenty of opportunity to become the leading pointscorer in the tournament. The French benefit from another scrum penalty and the margin is back out to nine points. France 22 Canada 13
Pritchard misses another shot at goal - that's three in a row now - and the scores could be equal, at least. SCORE UPDATE: Ander Munro pots over an excellent field goal from fully 45 metres to get Canada up and running in the second half. France 19 Canada 13
- Melbourne Rebels player Adam Byrnes is reportedly set to make his debut for Russia in their match against italy on Tuesday. Byrnes
s mother was born in Russia before emigrating to Australia when she was a child.
- SCORE UPDATE: Parra to the fore again. Three penalty goals in the last five minutes give the French a handy break at half-time. France 19 Canada 10
- SCORE UPDATE: Parra adds another three-pointer as Canada start to wilt towards the end of the half. France 16 Canada 10
SCORE UPDATE: Parra puts the French in front with a penalty goal. Les Bleus are starting to settle into the contest now. France 13 Canada 10
- We are 32 minuites into the game here and you wouldn't know who the minnow was! Canada very much in the ascendancy. only thing is that they haven't scored any more points.
- Pritchard is taking penalty attempts from anywhere. He's missed the last two now though. Canada very much in this after the first 25 minutes.
- It's a bomb-a-thon here! Both teams see kicks as the best route to tries in the wet.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.