RNC's closing night, as told through Twitter.
Highlights from the night include Clint Eastwood's chat with an "Invisible Obama" which incidentally spawned "Eastwooding," Romney's disappointing closing speech, and the mesmerizing balloon drop. Storify curated by @FruzsE
- The RNC was a snooze fest until Clint Eastwood showed up. He sent Twitter buzzing first by making a joke about Oprah Winfrey crying...
- — P.G. Sittenfeld (@VotePG)Thu, Aug 30 2012 19:06:11Taking a dig at Oprah Winfrey for crying over the historic election of the country's first black president seems in pretty poor taste, Clint
- ...but his most memorable moment was his imaginary conversation with an Invisible Obama, sitting in a chair next to his podium.
- — NYDN Daily Politics (@DNDailyPolitics)Thu, Aug 30 2012 20:36:02I just realized every headline about Clint Eastwood's speech tomorrow will look like it came from The Onion, no matter what you do. #RNC2012
- Twitter couldn't resist:
- — George Takei (@GeorgeTakei)Thu, Aug 30 2012 21:10:19Clint Eastwood's RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I'm drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory.
- — Ryan Teague Beckwith (@ryanbeckwith)Thu, Aug 30 2012 21:13:36I sat here all night next to an empty chair. Little did I know I was watching the GOP convention with Invisible Obama.
- Eastwood's Invisible Obama speech spawned an instantaneous Twitter hit.
- — Upworthy (@Upworthy)Thu, Aug 30 2012 20:32:19
- Twitter found Eastwood's bit so funny, they birthed a meme named "Eastwooding."
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.