Media Responses to Delmar Blvd story
What people had to say about my story on St. Louis
- First, the initial coverage on local websites:
- And the story went viral on social outlets:
- Some wondered what could be done:
- And reactions continued on Facebook:
- I grew up on the poor side of Delmar Blvd. Very poignant experience to witness my neighborhood on video and contextualized as racially segregated and poor. Everytime I go back home, I see the images on this video and think in my head "how ugly, how lifeless, how sad" and never say a word about it. To do really fun stuff with my son, we have to go south of Delmar and down Kingshighway to go the Science Center, Forest Park, etc. For some reason, seeing this video made it all real to me, like breaking some heavy and thick silence. Please watch it for me.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.