The #OccupyCardiff protest took place on 11-11-11. Gathering at 2pm by the Aneurin Bevan statue on Queen Street, the protest soon moved to the grounds outside Cardiff Castle, where they set up camp.
Coverage before the day
- For many in Wales this winter will be grim, 10,000 people working in the public sector have already lost their jobs this year and another 21,000 job cuts are predicted, and while politicians fiddle expenses on their second homes, it is predicted that 36 people will lose their only home every day from now until Christmas.
Coverage on 11 November 2011
- This story from Wales Online's yourCardiff has embedded this Storify aggregation.
- BBC story with video:
- Some good photography on Demotix:
- Photographer Tom Ashmore also has some excellent behind the scenes photographs from the whole day, including preparation work in a derelict pub occupied by squatters.
- Video story from Wales Online:
Tweets from the day
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.