- Helen Carp, a follower of the Department, came up with the idea.
- — H (@HelenIncarp)Mon, Dec 22 2014 14:42:09@FearDept I’m wondering if U need to give out awards for best (most fearful) coverage of a non-event in 2014. the ‘scare me shitless awards’
- We liked it a lot.
- — U.S. Dept. of Fear (@FearDept)Mon, Dec 22 2014 19:30:53Nominations are now open. Tweet us about a non-event and the media partner that best covered it. Include the hash #ScareMeShitlessAwards2014
- Ebola - CNN
- Ebola x ISIS - CNN
- Russia in Ukraine - BBC
- — Robert (@AVirtualDuck)Mon, Dec 22 2014 19:36:14
- Toothpaste terror threat - Guardian
- — M'KAY-Ultra (@MKAYULTRA)Mon, Dec 22 2014 19:48:39@FearDept US warns airlines of ..... TOOTHPASTE TERROR THREAT http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/feb/06/sochi-2014-us-warns-airlines-of-toothpaste-terror-threat … #TTT
- Border breaches - Fox News
- — Roger Sherman (@Manwich_)Mon, Dec 22 2014 19:35:33@FearDept does hysteria about "[insert topical world problem] is/are coming across the Mexican border in droves!" count as multiple entries?
- — R U Stalkingme? (@2complex2know)Mon, Dec 22 2014 20:00:13
- — Erin Gallagher (@3r1nG)Mon, Dec 22 2014 22:48:14Nominating Fox News for their "Sneaky ISIS Terrorists at the US-Mexico Border" reporting http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/10/10/are-isis-terrorists-sneaking-united-states-through-mexican-border … #ScareMeShitlessAwards2014
- Hamas rockets - Times of Israel