The #ReplaceSongTitleWithDrone trend
On February 6 - one day before a Senate hearing on John Brennan’s nomination as CIA director - the hashtag #ReplaceSongTitleWithDrone began trending. It seemed to attract tweeters on the left and right, reflecting the fact that concern around US drones appears to cross the political spectrum.
- The first tweet using the hashtag seems to have been this one by @TvAv8r:
- Two minutes later, @emile_husson joined in:
- Between 18.30 and 19.00 the hashtag took off.
- About 7pm, @BuzzFeedAndrew got involved (he with almost 69,000 followers):
- Slate political reporter and MSNBC contributor @DaveWeigel (with more than 100,000 followers) chipped in at 19.07:
- Rolling Stone's Tim Dickinson, with 8,000 followers:
- The conservative political commentator @SECupp (205,000 followers) offered at 19.09:
- Foreign Policy's Josh Rogin (with 24,000 followers):
- The twitter account for the hacktivist collective Anonymous (with 164,000 followers) added this contribution at 19.27:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.