Double Standard for Reporting Rape?
Let me preface this by giving the definition of sexual assault as per the Canadian Criminal Code: "forceful sexual contact without consent." Just to be clear, this can be anything the person did not give permission for and can include: anal sex, forced oral sex using objects, a pat on the bum, etc.
- Whatever happens with this case -- even if it ends up being a false report -- the reaction is absolutely disturbing.
- It's reported that the man was given a ride, brought to a parking lot, and "sexually assaulted by all four suspects." The suspects are all described as white, five-foot-four and 190-200 pounds.
- A comedian wastes no time in making light of the matter.
- Perhaps a sarcastic response. If not, it's troubling.
- Here are some reactions from some more males. It seems consistent: that it's something to laugh and brag about.
- Some females seem to share the sentiment.
- I don't know if THIS Jane Doe, knows about Toronto sex assault survivor Jane Doe. If not, I suggest she reads up on her. Here are some articles to start with.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.