36 Hours in Orlando
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 Florida States Attorney for the 9th Judicial District, Aramis Ayala, announced that she will not be seeking the death penalty while she is in office.
- The States Attorney took a bold stand for justice saying that the death penalty does not meet the need of this community.
- The news spread like wildfire across the country.
- The New York times is #OnIt
- Messages of support started pouring in immediately from around the country.
- States Attorney Ayala's decision was celebrated across the political spectrum.
- A decision like this doesn't come without controversy. Hours after the announcement, Governor Scott reassigns a high-profile murder case to another States Attorney. It is unclear if he has the authority to do this. Stay tuned...