Anonymous, Belmont 2012 Social Sciences Symposium
Panelists: Dr. Marcia Alesan Dawkins, Brown University, Gary D. McCormick, HGTV & Dr. James Glen Stovall, University of Tennessee. Moderator: Dr. Sybril Bennett, Belmont University
- How did social media help and hurt the Arab Spring?
- How has the social mediated response the Susan G. Komen Foundation's rule change demonstrate the empowerment potential of social media?
- Anonymous and Wikileaks have been out of the headlines. How do you account for this and do you think they will return? Why or Why not?
- When googled this was one of the top results on each topic.
- What can government, companies and individuals do to protect themselves from attacks by the loose-knit hacking movement "anonymous"?
- How have social media of the last decade impacted social inequality?
- The term "digital divide" is used in discussing the disparity between the "haves" and the "have-nots" in the technology revolution. What can companies and individuals do to help narrow that gap for the less privileged?
- How do disciplinary ethical standards relate to the societal issues of wealth and poverty? Journalism, Public Relations and Communication Studies.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.