The Mormon Factor: How Mitt Romney's Faith Impacts His Campaign
Mitt Romney and how his religion is a factor in the presidential election
- Governor Mitt Romney could potentially be the first Mormon President of the United States. What do people think about this?
- Romney's faith has excluded African-Americans in the past. How do blacks feel about the issue?
- The Mormon church did not allow African-Americans into the priesthood until 1978.
- Many evangelicals say his faith would not affect their voting. More are apparently concerned about Obama's positions on same-sex marriage and abortion; also, it seems that evangelicals are not as concerned about religious matters in politics as was once thought.
- How do Mormons feel about Romney?
- Overall Romney's faith will influence some factors (probably the African-American votes), but to others it is secondary to the issues.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.