NOLA reacts to Newtown, Conn., school shooting
The news of today's mass shooting at a school in Sandy Hook, Conn., hit especially close to home for members of the New Orleans education community. Here are some of your responses. Share more in the comments below.
- Louisiana schools and education groups ...
- — John White (@LouisianaSupe)Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:24:29Today's events are unspeakably tragic. They remind us of the fragile nature of life. I urge vigilance in crisis planning and preparations.
- — Bricolage Academy (@BricolageNOLA)Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:41:05We are saddened and horrified by today's tragedy in Newtown, CT. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sandy Hook and Newtown communities.
- Concerned locals ...
- — Jonas Chartock (@jonaschartock)Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:41:35Words can't do justice to how incredibly sad a day this is. My thoughts are with Sandy Hook and indeed all humanity.
- — Frederic Washington (@FredericDeon)Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:40:31After a while I have to just change the channel, just thinking about the nature of the tragedy. It's truly heartbreaking Bless those babies
- National education advocates:
- — Education Pioneers (@edpioneers)Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:47:28We are deeply saddened by the news from CT, and send our thoughts to all of the students, teachers, school staff and families in Newtown.
- — Benjamin Riley (@benjaminjriley)Fri, Dec 14 2012 08:22:41
- Various thoughts about causes and solutions:
- — Gideon Stein (@gideonstein)Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:08:55These tragedies need to end. Shame on the gun lobby. http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/ …n.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/
- — Andrew Rotherham (@arotherham)Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:23:53Today should spark a discussion about our societal gun violence problem, which is acuter than our school violence prob http://www.eduwonk.com/2012/12/sandy-hook-schools.html …om/2012/12/sandy-hook-schools.html
- — Frederic Washington (@FredericDeon)Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:01:29Columbine in 99, John McDonogh (New Orleans) in 2003, Virginia Tech in 2007 & today's tragedy in CT, lets put prayer back in public schools!
- Advice for families:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.