Small Biz Technology and the Productivity Paradox
What is the Productivity Paradox and why is it so important for the success of your business? Technology is sexy! It offers the promise of increased productivity -- but does it?
- We know that technology has replaced manual labor in manufacturing and many other industries - but does increased investment in technology really improve productivity or does it -- like studies have said actually decrease productivity?
Let's explore how the Productivity Paradox shows up (or if it shows up) in your business and how you can be your most productive self.
- Q1: How do you measure productivity?
- — David Kutcher (@confluentforms)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:12:16A1: Like measuring entrophy: how much closer am I towards achieving my goals (today, tomorrow, distant future) #bizapaloozachat
- — David Kutcher (@confluentforms)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:14:35
- — dorothy iltis cooper (@sittingpretty61)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:15:33
- — Michael Roach (@mr0ach)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:15:37
- — Andrew Allen (@AndrewAllenVT)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:19:04A1) Lists seem to be helpful measuring personal productivity. Objective and clear metric. #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/cooshacalendar/status/846425140061786112 …
- — QL Tech Australia (@QLTechAustralia)Tue, Mar 28 2017 07:03:56
- Q2: What’s the difference between productivity and efficiency?
- — Michael Roach (@mr0ach)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:19:38A2 Being productive is getting to your work result faster. Efficiency is conserving your resources while doing the work. #BizapaloozaChat
- — David Kutcher (@confluentforms)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:17:13A2: productive is the ability to produce (measurement of gross output), efficiency is productivity/(time+effort) #bizapaloozachat
- — Amir Kendic (@cooshacalendar)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:21:51A2 - productivity and efficiency go hand in hand for me. The only way to be productive is to be efficient #BizapaloozaChat
- — QL Tech Australia (@QLTechAustralia)Tue, Mar 28 2017 07:03:11
- Q3: Which is more important; productivity or efficiency?
- — QL Tech Australia (@QLTechAustralia)Tue, Mar 28 2017 07:04:59
- — Pier-Olivier Pinard (@Popinard)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:22:59
- — Andrew Allen (@AndrewAllenVT)Mon, Mar 27 2017 18:21:42A3) for me, it is always productivity. Efficiency comes once a process is detailed and repeatable with fixed steps. #BizapaloozaChat https://twitter.com/Bizapalooza/status/846426594830823424 …